Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

Relationships Suck Sometimes

Another one of those days where I don't know which way is up.  My guy is so bitter and angry at being stuck working far from home that I can barely have a conversation with him.  Nothing I do is making him any happier and I'm just not sure where to go from here.  The last year has been really hard.  I was in way over my head with nursing school and he was all over the place.  The partial unemployment thing his boss pulled all winter was very difficult.  When he was stuck at home he was angry and sullen.  Trying to get him to regroup and figure out which way to go was like pulling a tooth with no anesthesia.  He has been kicking and screaming the whole way.  Now he is stuck somewhere he doesn't want to be and I seem to be getting the brunt of his bitterness.  He is in a very self-pitying place; I know we all have that place, but I've found it's best not to set up camp there for extended periods of time.  Apparently he is finding the scenery comforting and has pitched a tent.  I feel like it's all on me to keep everything together, and unfortunately there are no big green arrows pointing us down the right paths in life.  I keep telling him to just have faith that everything will work out, but truthfully I'm low on faith myself these days. 

Okay, deep breath.  I kept busy today doing some studying and not much else.  House still not clean.  Tomorrow I have some wedding shower invitations to fill out and get in the mail.  And house cleaning.  My brother is coming for a visit on Monday during a break from school so my father and his happy new family are floating into town later in the week as well.  Busy, busy, busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment