Pages

Friday, March 15, 2013

And Now...We Wait

I'm writing this post with a sense of disbelief.  I'm having trouble accepting the fact that we actually made it.  I mean, I'm not actually scheduled until Monday morning, but this baby could come at any time and it would be OK.  We are ready.  We are waiting.

I finished my class (with a B) in the early hours Wednesday morning.  Jerry finished the week at work.  I drove home this morning to pick him up and bring him back to the city with me so that we only have one vehicle to get home after I am released from the hospital.  My family is here to watch Kiddo (and driving me absolutely crazy, as usual). My dogs have been dropped off at the vet to be boarded for the next week.  Kiddo's sibling gift is wrapped and ready.  My hospital bag is packed. The car seat base has been installed for weeks and the car seat is sitting by the door. 

I still haven't done the baby's laundry, but I am making progress.  I opened the breast pump today, which is a big committment because they cannot be returned once the seal is broken on the box.  So there.  I'm acknowledging that I will likely need a breast pump soon.

Tomorrow my daughter is off to stay with family until Monday afternoon.  Jerry and I are going to, well, basically do nothing.  I'm looking forward to it.  

I really never thought I would get to have a scheduled sort of delivery where things are organized and calm.  It's strange for me to feel so ready for this little one's birth, but I'm not complaining.  If I were to complain it would be about family members who think their presence in the OR is absolutely essential when it absolutely is not.  But I'm not in the mood to complain tonight.  The overall mood today between Jerry and I has been one of sheer elation.  I woke this morning feeling excited and looking forward to the next few days.  When I arrived at our home to pick him up, I found Jerry in exactly the same state. 

I plan to relax and shop as much as my swollen ankles will allow until it's time to go.  Can't wait for what comes next, but I'm so glad to not have to be worried about going into labor anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment