Tuesday, March 5, 2013

37 Weeks 1 Day

Full term!

My second attempt at the Chuck E. Cheese experience went much more smoothly and Roo left fed, exhausted, and with a bunch of crappy ticket counter jewelry.

For most of last week, I was feeling a bit frustrated about being stuck in the hospital halfway house.  So Jerry and I decided that it wouldn't be terrible if I snuck away for the weekend as long as I was only home while Jerry was close by to drive me to the hospital if need be.  Roo and I were so excited to get home.  It felt great to finally be able to nest away in my own habitat.  I finished cleaning out the office/future nursery of clutter. It now holds my desk, bookshelf, treadmill and baby dresser--a vast improvement from all the junk that was sitting in it a week ago. I organized and filed a year's worth of paperwork.  I supervised Jerry while he painted the living room and scrubbed the floors.  I did the laundry.  I folded all the baby outfits (tags still on, of course) and put them away in the baby dresser.  It felt great.

I was planning on heading back Monday morning after Jerry left for work, but a huge winter storm came and I was stuck.  I have to admit, it panicked me a bit being stranded so far from the hospital 37 weeks pregnant.  Then we lost power for about 3 hours.  Thankfully, the roads had cleared up enough for us to get back to the city this morning.  Needless to say, that was our last trip home while pregnant.  I'm thrilled to be full term, but I'm still not keen on going into labor in the middle of nowhere. 

I miss being around Jerry when we have to split up for the week.  His presence keeps me from getting too anxious or stressing about all the things I have no control over right now.  Today, my worry-of-choice was the medical bills, a particular favorite subject of mine.  Don't think I limit myself to actual medical bills either.  I like to consider all the potential medial bills as well.  Even listening to a little of D. Ramsey's financial wizardry didn't help me settle down.  I found myself wondering what he would have to say about hi-risk pregnancy and the things women like myself are willing to go through to get a baby.  To hell with him.

I feel much better about bringing a baby home after getting some cleaning and organizing in this weekend, but I still have quite a list of things to get done before I'm "ready" for baby to come.   If all goes as planned (Ha!) I will be having this little guy during my one week break between my microbiology class' end and the beginning of my history class.  I can potentially increase that time to almost two weeks if I kick butt on studying this week and take the final on Monday.  The problem is, I'm quite the procrastinator and it seems unlikely that I will change my ways in the next few days.  And if I don't finish and I have to take my final from my hospital be it. 

It's hard to believe this will all be over in 13 days or less.  It still feels like it's a long way off, but when I start to go over my to-do list, it doesn't feel like long at all.  My body is sore and slow.  I am eager for a happy ending, but I dread the ending at the same time.  

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on full-term!

    I'm glad Roo had a better trip this time around and you were able to take a break and go home.