Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

8 Weeks


I know it's not really a baby belly, but the other day I went to put on a pair of my favorite old jeans and they would.not.button.  They were admittedly my snuggest pair, but still.  I am putting the picture up to demonstrate that my stomach has already nearly outgrown my chest.  I didn't expect to outgrow my clothes quite yet, and it's not common for me to do so.  So I figure it is unwise to realistically expect to fit my regular clothes into the first month or so of my second trimester and am cautiously trying to add some new maternity items here and there.  I don't want to have a big crisis the day I wake up and nothing fits and I don't have pants to wear to the maternity store to buy maternity clothes.  Weight gain is so low on my list of priorities that it's barely worth mentioning, but I am surprised by how quickly I am gaining and wondering if there's something to it. 

I am really kind of afraid there is more than one in there.  Looking forward to my first ultrasound in a couple weeks to rule out the possibility and take a peak around.

This pregnancy also remains unparalleled in the hormone department.  I have seriously never experienced hormones like this before.  My emotions are all over the place and out of all the pregnancy symptoms I was prepared for, this is not it.  I asked Jerry if I was like this the other times and he answered with a firm no.  Some of the literature claims that I may begin to feel a bit more balanced in a few weeks.  Here's hoping.

I threw up for the first time this morning.  I wish I could do it more often.  I had forgotten that there is a few hours of relief afterwards, whereas when I don't throw up the nauseous/dizzy feeling often lasts all day.  In the interest of counting my blessings I am actually pretty relieved that I don't have to keep it together at a job at 0700 these days because I feel like crap and am so exhausted. And I don't like when there aren't symptoms.  Symptoms are the only reassurance I have right now that things are progressing as planned.

One last thing.  The Kiddo?  She knows.  I don't know how.  We were certainly not going to tell for a very very long time.  I assumed it was safe for us to refer to things like "the pregnancy" or for Jerry and I to joke around about "the embryo," but apparently not.  She keeps saying things like, "When we have our new baby..."  She always jabbers about babies but not with such an awareness.  I've asked her several questions on the matter and then I say something like, "There's not going to be a baby for a really long time.  Babies take a long time to grow so there's no baby coming right now."  I think it's amusing that we underestimated her thinking abilities, but I need to keep her sheltered from anything that may happen to this pregnancy for as long as I possibly can.  So it's deny, deny, deny over here for now. 

Looking forward to:  next doctor's appointment--we need a plan of action
                              ordering my doppler at 10 weeks
                              getting moved--hopefully in the next 6-8 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment