Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A Productive Small-Town Day

Here I am on Jerry's half of the world and I can't quite get used to it.  The following is a list of what I accomplished today while Jerry was hard at work.

1.  Rearranged the icons on my iphone so that the essentials show up on the main screen:  Pinterest, GoodReads, Pandora, and US Weekly.

2.  One load of laundry

3.  Dinner.  In the slow cooker, but still.

4.  Texted everyone I know to ask what they are doing.

5.  Finished the second Harry Potter book and started the third.

6.  Sat on the couch with the dog in my lap and tried to help her lose the last of her winter coat by pulling it out with my fingers.

...I think I've made my point.  I just don't know how to cope with life in a small town.  Technically, I don't even really think this should be called a town.  I was complaining to my friend Kate that every gas station cashier and grocery store clerk seems to ask me where I live.  I find this appalling. Coming from an actual city, people don't generally ask me where I live and who my neighbors are.  Kate has experience living in the middle of nowhere and she informed me that once they find out who your neighbors are they ask them if the new folks in town are freaks and find out all they can.  Basically stick their nose all up in your business.  I actually found this soothing as most of my cereal killer nightmares involve small-town psychopaths who burst into houses and kill everyone in the town in one crazy killing streak.  

Tomorrow...I'm going to try harder to avoid boredom.

No comments:

Post a Comment