Pages

Friday, July 20, 2012

Well...

I don't have anything intelligent to say today.  Just trying to get studying done for nursing boards on Thursday and failing miserably at meeting my goals for hours of studying to squeeze in every day.  But this morning, this happened:


To paint myself in a somewhat sane light, I have declined to include the four other tests that I have taken today because, well, I think you get the gist.  All day long I've been like "Wanna see me do a trick?" and going into the bathroom to watch the line appear again.  I really didn't expect a test to be positive at all.  I was resigned to it.  I had even made an August appointment to see what the heck was going on. I was just doing my usual two week wait routine where I imagine pregnancy symptoms and obsess about every little twinge, so I decided to take a test just so I could be like, "See Crazy?  Now stop thinking about it and study!"  So it would seem that this time the symptoms are not imagined.

I'm really just feeling kind of numb.  I mean, that's a ridiculously dark line considering I'm not even late, right?  I really hope there's not four in there.  Obviously I am super hopeful that this will end well, but I'm freaking terrified.  More than anything else, just terrified. 

If by some miniscule chance you know me in real life, please kindly keep your trap shut for the time being.  We have no desire for the news to be known for MANY weeks to come.  I feel comfortable telling here, but I am just not up for the out loud "Congratulations!" and other such mish mosh just yet.  Let's just see...

2 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! Congratulations!!!! That is one dark line there. Are you going to get any blood draws to see what your HCG level is, or just wait until your first ob appointment?

    Good luck on your test on Thursday! I'm sure you'll do great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca! I am planning on holding off on any hcg levels this time--I didn't find it soothing with Kiddo. I was sure it would all be over at any given second.

      Delete