Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Am I Over it Yet?

How do you start a blog?  I've been reading them for a long time, but this is a first for me.  I'm Reese.  I'm 27 years old; I have a "husband" of five years and a 3.5 year old daughter.  I live in a trailer house in Montana, and by trailer I do not mean those cute little modular homes people put over basement foundations.  I mean a 16 x 80 foot wooden structure with a metal roof.  That leaks.  Two dogs, three cats.  I am currently a first year nursing student hoping to survive my first year.  I suppose all of this sounds pretty run of the mill so here's the twist:  4 years 8 months and 10 days ago my baby boy died.  Almost five years have passed.  That might sound like a long time to you, but to me it seems like it happened a few months ago sometimes even a few weeks ago.  As time goes by I find that people have forgotten, moved on.  I haven't--how could I ever?  My daughter is the sunshine of my life (you'll be hearing much more about that later), born a mere fifteen months after my son's death.  That means I was pregnant six months after he died.  This little girl came bounding into the world and she fixed a lot of things that were wrong in our lives...but people have acted as though she fixed everything from the moment she was born.  Like we didn't have a reason to be sad anymore.  I've learned the hard way that people don't like to be reminded of how brutal life can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment