Pages

Friday, January 14, 2022

Oh, Hello

 One night a few months ago, in the middle of one of the toughest periods of my life, behind on studying, and unable to be productive while also unable to quiet my mind enough to fall asleep, I thought about the silly little blog I used to have that maybe three people read.  I was almost shocked to find it still here, intact though abandoned and forgotten, like the garden I optimistically plant each spring even though I am terrible at plants and know it will end in a neglected and weed-laden failure.  And every summer, something manages to survive in spite of my absent-mindedness, hidden amongst the tangle of messy weeds left to grow unabated.  A random zucchini blossoms or a scraggly cherry tomato plant will make three small bright red tomatoes.

So here it still stands, a scraggly tomato plant that has survived a long, dry summer.  Sprinkled with spam comments and untouched for years.  But my fingers remembered the password to log in as though I were just here last week.  And since me remembering a never-used password on a whim after years have gone by is practically a sign from God himself, here I am.  Still standing.  I spent some time looking over old posts and even funnier drafts from unpublished posts.  It was like a visit with my former selves.  In the same way that a person might leave a flower or a small token at a loved one's gravesite when they visit, I decided to write something to leave as well.  Reese was here today.

No comments:

Post a Comment